Sunday, October 4, 2009

Dr. Alice Christie: Geocaching Podcast!!!

Geocaching is an as Dr. Christie says is an entertaining adventure game for GPS users of all ages. I have geocached before in my sophomore year of college. I really did not take much interest in it because we had a time limit and it was hard for to find the treasure. Geocaching is a great way for children to explore and outside of the classroom. Not to mention that geocaching will be great for teachers as well. The environment will become not teacher centered anymore but it can be an exploratory environment instead. Students will be able to think outside of the box literally. The GPS will also empower their sense of direction. It will be introducing them to adventure, exploring, responsibility as well.

1 comment:

  1. I have never done it but I would like to. Sounds like a lot of fun. Adding it to the list of Project 11 topics right now!

    ReplyDelete