Sunday, October 4, 2009

Dr.Christie's website

I have seen Dr. Christie's website and I went into a section where she has sites for children. I did not know that sites existed for a learning basis for children. I am really excited about this. I as a teacher can have my students learn and explore the web. My students will be getting birds with one stone. Using the technology will empower them and make them aware of how to use it. On the other hand, the websites that are built are also giving them more adventure. I can use this tool to give my students some learning experiences that I personally or teacher/wise cannot give them. These websites such as ask.com and yahooligans have things such as astrology, health, and foreign languages. I have not heard if students in the second grade are learning these certain subject matters, but I'm glad that sites such as these exists so that my students can explore at an early age.

1 comment:

  1. Yes, second graders are using the latest technologies in many places. Just take a look at Pt. England School and Noel Elementary for two examples. Also several examples from Great Britain that have been on our comments4kids assignments.

    ReplyDelete