Sunday, September 27, 2009

Wikipedia!!! and Wired Story

This Podcast is unbelievable. I can't believe that the internet encyclopedia could be unreliable. I have been using this site since I have been writing papers in the seventh grade that could not have been reliable. I am kind of glad that they have found this so that the people or company can stop polishing the Wikipedia image. I usually go to the web site called Ask.com and I wonder if this site could be fraud sometimes. However, it goes to show that the truth is always unveiled. The most astonishing fact is that they can trace the computer as well and that creeps me out. The only way that a person who is searching for information can get reliable information is to go check other websites as well. In the end, making adjustments to Wikipedia can really damage your image.
The Wired Story is very interesting. This goes to show that people need to make sure that these websites are true. Doing a lot of research will be necessary now. Mr. Griffith is airing out the dirty laundry. This could possibly hurt business and people as well. In my opinion, If they can't take the heat they should get out of the kitchen. Walmart is really hurting their image by lying to people about their wages. It will also kill the integrity of their franchise. My question is why is Walmart of all businesses altering their facts? Do they need more workers? Im confused because they are an industry worth billions of dollars.

1 comment:

  1. It's all spin, as they say ion TV. But EVERY source is subject to bias, etc. Just keep your eyes open and your brain on all the time. Even when I tell you something!

    ReplyDelete