Saturday, August 22, 2009

Did you know 3.0 and Mr. Winkle Wakes

The "did you know" video was kind of scary. It made me realize that the United States is kind of lacking in some areas. Its good to know how technology is growing rapidly and being an outreach to our future generation. They are the main people that need to know how to maneuver these technologies so that we can all grow as a whole. I think the comment about the honor kids was astonishing. It let me know that the U.S is very lazy and behind in academics. I think in the end our future students will be in an era where all they will have to know is how to handle a computer and not know anything because info will be available in seconds.
The Mr. Winkle video made me think how will it be years and years from now. We could have flying cars or we could maybe cook a turkey in 3 seconds. I hope that it will not defeat us but help us in the end. It is also scary to think that machines can outsmart us any day.

2 comments:

  1. I would say our current generation needs to know and use technology as well. Your generation and my generation!

    I could also leave other comments byut time flies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Technology is a wonderful thing and is constantly changing. The United States may not be the leader today but it could be easily enough. The education budget per child is far greater than in India and we just have to do our bit.
    I saw you where extremely excited about learning to blog...my first time too. I hope to have one major thing come out of this class and that is the ability to make a movie, animate, and edit. Similar to these clips. I think if I can do that, then I will give interest and creativity to the kids I teach. In return it will create more interest in learning more ways to do things for the kids and me. The fact that I am interested in this now, and didn't think about it three weeks ago, makes me feel that I have already achieved a great deal in this class. PS I love Harry Potter and I am originally from the same town as HAGRAT.

    ReplyDelete